Friday, February 18, 2011

Character sheet or statcard?

You play CMG's with statcards (not always true, check games like Monsterpocalypse or Pokémon The Next Quest) but I've decided to play Dragon Age with a modified character sheet. In other games you can beat any opponent but you can't pick up any equipment ("What?! I can't take his lightsaber?"). That wouldn't work here with the more advanced rules of a RPG. I've made a custom sheet in Word with printed stats. There's no space for equipment and weapons as I've planned to make separate cards (statcards) for such information. So each character (and opponent, even minor NPC's) should have a deck with equipment cards. The sheet shown is still considered WIP so I won't post it yet.
For now I won't use XP. As I will only focus on combat encounters, it would be harder to gain XP (few encounters that would give XP). I will however use levels. A completed scenario/quest will add 1 level.

No comments:

Post a Comment